Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Newspaper Mannequin head & porcelain glove mold by Ira Mency


If you haven't heard of Ira Mency aka Retro Chalet, you're going to hear about her now.

She's an amazingly talented artist, blogger, writer and vintage dealer. She's also the team captain for the Etsy Recyclers Guild.

She makes these really cool mannequin styrofoam heads and repurposes them with newspaper. She then glazes the top of the newspaper. I have some of these styrofoam mannequin heads and hers looks much better than my plain white mannequin heads. The newspaper adds a little drama and makes them look pretty cool!

She also does the same thing with some porcelain glove molds that she has in her stock. She and I did a gift exchange at Christmas and she sent me one of these porcelain glove molds. They are actually really cool. I've never had one in my possession before. I do have to admit, I like the newspaper added to the glove mold. You can find out more information about glove molds here.

You can find Ira Mency by visiting the following links:

Retro Chalet on Etsy
Retro Chalet Studio on Etsy
Blog
Facebook and
Twitter

No comments: