Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Flattened curry chicken with panko breadcrumbs and smashed broccoli!

I decided to cook dinner tonight. I don't cook every night like I should. I bought some organic chicken breasts at the store a few days ago and needed to cook them before they went bad.

I turned my oven to 400 degrees. I decided to take my kitchen mallet and I flattened the chicken breasts. I took an egg out of the refrigerator and whipped it up. I took another plate out and poured some panko bread crumbs and milled flax see onto the plate:
Don't ask why I added flax seed because I have no idea, but it has a sort of nutty taste and I thought it would be good. After flattening the chicken, I added salt, pepper, curry power and garlic powder. I then dipped the chicken breasts into the panko and flax mixture. I took out a baking pan and put some olive oil into the pan.
I put both chicken breasts into the pan and put the pan in the oven to bake. I originally set my cooking timer for 20 minutes, but decided they needed another five minutes (I always do that).
I decided we were going to have broccoli with our chicken. I had some broccoli in the refrigerator that also needed to be consumed. I boiled some water and added the broccoli:
When the broccoli was finished, I drained each piece and put in a bowl. I sort of mashed the broccoli, added olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and almonds slivers.
When I finished the broccoli, the chicken was ready to be removed from the oven. I plated our food and here's the final result:
Yummy, yummy healthy goodness!

No comments: